Wow! Thank you so much to Smart Stunning Searching for nominating me for the Liebster Award!! I really love her blog so go check her out! I just stared my blog a few months ago but I already feel like WordPress is a great community and I hope my blog only grows from here!
So with this award, the rules are:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
So here are my answers to the questions Smart Stunning Searching asked me:
1. Why did you start a blog?
I started to keep up with my writing process. I started a novel a few years back and needed a way to motivate myself to finish it, so I participated (and won!) NaNoWriMo 2013 and finished it! But I wanted a way to keep track of things going on in my life as a new graduate living abroad. Kind of like a public journal.
2. What’s your goal for your blog?
I want to improve my writing and keep up with it, and I know having a blog with followers is good motivation for me. I want to be able to write about things that people can relate to or things that make them think. I think the whole process of blogging is therapeutic for me, so it’s fun to be able to rant or boast so that I can look back on it and remember.
3. What do you do for a living? If you’re a student, what are you studying?
I am an assistant language teacher (ALT) in Japan on the JET Program. I teach elementary and junior high school kids English. I am also taking online graduate school classes to get my Master’s in Adult Education.
4. What’s your favorite drink to get at Starbucks?
Double Chocolate Chip Frappacino.
Not available in Japan. Someone bring me one.
5. What’s your favorite song? Why?
It really depends on my mood and what I’m into that day. But my favorite groups are all from Asia. My favorite group is called NEWS and pretty much any song of theirs is amazing. ‘Cherish’ was my first song that got me into NEWS, so I would probably still say it’s my favorite.
Big Bang is my favorite Kpop group, and I really like their song ‘Lies’. Grr, I feel like choosing anything isn’t fair to all the other good songs… I might need to do more posts about music because this is hard. Thanks for the suggestion!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Well, I live in Japan because it’s my favorite place to be. Good food, beautiful scenery, amazing hospitality, hilarious people. But I would love to live in Seattle or London or Boston if I could.
7. Chris Hemsworth or Liam Hemsworth?
Who? Hehe I know who they are but I really don’t keep up with American celebrities… This is my boy Masuda Takahisa:
Now isn’t he cute? ^o^
8. Are you where you hoped to be at this point in your life?
Yes! I am exactly where I planned to be at the age of 16. When I was in high school I knew I wanted to graduate with a degree in Japanese studies, be on the JET program for a few years, and then figure out a way to live in Japan forever haha. I am taking grad school classes so that in the future I will be a study abroad/foreign student advisor. Sometimes life is hard because I chose the rockier road, but I definitely feel fulfilled having gone after my dreams.
9. Tell me something about Canada.
Too much maple.
10. Do you keep up with celebrity news? Why or why not?
No. Well. Depends on which celebrities. I know all the gossip about celebrities in Japan and sometimes Korea or Taiwan, but I could not for the life of me tell you who Kim Kardashian is with now. Just the fact that I know who she (sort of) is astounds me. I do watch Ellen on YouTube, though, and it’s always nice to see actors I like on her show. Emma Watson, for example, is someone I like to keep up with.
11. What is your favorite post on your blog?
Probably my Book Haul post. It’s my favorite because I planned it in advanced and took pictures of my books and it took me a good week putting it together. I really love sharing what I’m reading, but I think it was a good challenge for me to break out and do something more than ramble on about work.
Thank you so much for the nomination!!
Here are my nominations for the award:
And here are the questions I want you to answer:
1. What is a movie you could watch over and over?
2. What is your favorite book genre? (bonus points if you give me a recommendation for a book!)
3. Do you have a schedule for blogging or do you update randomly?
4. How do you beat procrastination?
5. What is one thing in life that you will regret if you don’t try doing it?
6. What is your biggest fear?
7. If you were granted any wish right now, what would you do with it?
8. When you go to a theme park, what do you head for first?
9. Who is your favorite Harry Potter character and why?
10. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Can’t wait to see your answers!!